Doon Horizon group of media & publications respects the privacy of its users and is committed to protecting it in all respects. With a view to offering most enriching and holistic internet experience to its users of doonhorizon.in. offers a variety of community services.
The Policy does not apply to the procedures and practices followed by entities that are not managed, owned or controlled by Doon Horizon group of media & publications or to the people that are not engaged, employed or managed by doonhorizon.in
We want you to
- Feel comfortable using our web sites.
- Feel secure submitting information to us. Contact us with your questions or concerns about privacy on this site. Know that by using our sites you are consenting to the collection of certain data.
- Most of the Online Community Services are offered for free but you need a Universal mandatory registration to surf doonhorizon.in and its related properties in detail. The information about the user as collected by Doon Horizon group of media & publications is: (a) information supplied by users and (b) information automatically tracked while navigation (Information).
- Information Supplied
- To avail certain sites/services on our websites, users are required to provide certain information for the registration process namely:-
- your name
- email address
- Alternate email address
- mobile phone number and contact details
- P/Postal code demographic profile (like your age, gender, occupation, education, address, and durables owned);
- preferences and interests (such as news, sports, travel and so on);
- financial information (like account or credit card numbers); and
- Opinions of features on our websites etc.
- Information Tracked
- We may also collect the following information:
about the pages you visit/access
The links you click on our site. The number of times you access the page. You can terminate your account at any time. However, your information may remain stored in archive on our servers even after the deletion or the termination of your account.
The Information as supplied by the users enables us to improve our sites and provide you the most user-friendly experience
- Who Collects The Information?
- We will collect anonymous traffic information from you when you visit our site.
We collect personally identifiable information from you when you register with us. During registration, you are required to give us your contact information (such as name, email address, date of birth, gender, address, pin code, cell number, occupation, and interests). Upon registration users may receive communications from doonhorizon.in (e.g. newsletters, updates)
We use this information to contact you about the services you are using on our site and services in which you have expressed interest.
You have the option to provide demographic information (such as occupation, education, and gender) to us; we encourage you to submit this information so we can provide you a more personalized experience on our site.
If you purchase a product or service from us, we request certain personally identifiable information from you on our order form. You must provide contact information (such as name, email, and shipping address) and financial information (such as credit card number, expiration date, CVV verification, Name on card, billing address, etc.).
We use this information for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we will use this information to contact you.
If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about our site, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site. doonhorizon.in does store this information and the information is used for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program.
Your friend may contact us at https://www.doonhorizon.in/contact-us to request that we remove this information from our database.
We will collect personally identifiable information about you only as part of a voluntary registration process, on-line survey, or contest or any combination thereof.
Our advertisers may collect anonymous traffic information from their own assigned cookies to your browser.
The site contains links to other Web sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such Web sites which we do not own, manage or control.
We are the sole owners of your information collected by us at several different points on our Website.
- How Is The Information Used?
- We use your email address to send you:
- Password reminder and registration confirmation
- Special offers
- Event-based communications such as order information, renewal notices, invites, reminders, etc.
Note: We send users newsletters and updates upon registration. We send newsletters and/or promotional emails on behalf of our alliance partners.
We use your personal information to:
- help us provide personalized features
- tailor our sites to your interest
- to get in touch with you in the case of password retrieval and policy changes
- to provide the services requested by you
- to preserve social history as governed by existing law or policy
- We use contact information internally to:
- direct our efforts for product improvement
- contact you as a survey respondent
- notify you if you win any contest, and send you promotional materials from our contest sponsors or advertisers
- Generally, we use anonymous traffic information to:
- remind us of who you are in order to deliver to you a better and more personalized service from both an advertising and an editorial perspective;
- recognize your access privileges to our Web sites
- track your entries in some of our promotions, sweepstakes, and contests to indicate a player’s progress through the promotion and to track entries, submissions, and status in prize drawings
- make sure that you don’t see the same ad repeatedly
- help diagnose problems with our server
- administer our Web sites
- track your session so that we can understand better how people use our sites
- Agents With Whom Will Your Information Be Shared?
- We will not use your financial information for any purpose other than to complete a transaction with you.
- We do not share or rent your email addresses with third parties except our agents and alliance partners.
We use the services of our enabling partners such as outside shipping companies, resellers, business associates to fulfill orders, and credit card processing companies to process the payment for goods and services ordered from doonhorizon.in website. These entities do not retain, store, share or use personally identifiable information for any other purposes.
We will share your information with our Alliance Partners who work with us or on our behalf to help provide you the services. An alliance partner is a company or an individual who owns and manages (wholly or part of) online content on their websites powered by doonhorizon.in.
We share email addresses with Agents and Alliance Partners. The Agents and Alliance Partners use the email address to confirm the deliveries, send notices and offer services related to the service.
We do not rent, sell or share your personal information and we will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information to third parties unless:
we have your permission
- to provide products or services you’ve requested
- Special circumstances such as compliance with subpoenas, court orders, requests/order from legal authorities or law enforcement agencies requiring such disclosure.
- We share your information with advertisers on an aggregate basis only. When you register with doonhorizon.in, we contact you from time to time about updating of your content to provide the user’s such features that we believe may benefit you.
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable and email address information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Web site.
The security of your personal information and email address is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number and/or social security number) on our registration or order forms,
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information and email address submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however.
Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information and email address, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can send email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To improve the responsiveness of the sites for our users, we may use “cookies”, or similar electronic tools to collect information to assign each visitor a unique, random number as a User Identification (User ID) to understand the user’s individual interests using the Identified Computer.
Unless you voluntarily identify yourself (through registration, for ex- doonhorizon.in.), we will have no way of knowing who you are, even if we assign a cookie to your computer. The only personal information a cookie can contain is information you supply.
A cookie cannot read data off your hard drive. Our advertisers may also assign their own cookies to your browser (if you click on their ads), a process that we do not control.
Our web servers automatically collect limited information about your computer’s connection to the Internet, including your IP address, when you visit our site. (Your IP address is a number that lets computers attached to the Internet know where to send you data — such as the web pages you view.) Your IP address does not identify you personally.
We use this information to deliver our web pages to you upon request, to tailor our site to the interests of our users, to measure traffic within our site and let advertisers know the geographic locations from where our visitors come.
Supplying personally identifiable information is entirely voluntary. You are not required to register with us in order to use our sites. However, we offer some services only to visitors who do register.
You may change your interests at any time and may opt-in or opt-out of any marketing / promotional / newsletters mailings. doonhorizon.in reserves the right to send you certain service related communication, considered to be a part of your doonhorizon.in account without offering you the facility to opt-out. You may update your information and change your account settings at any time.
If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication or by emailing us at email@example.com.
Upon request, we will remove/block your personally identifiable information from our database, thereby canceling your registration. See the Contact information below. However, your information may remain stored in archive on our servers even after the deletion or the termination of your account.
If your personally identifiable information or email address change, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, delete or deactivate it by emailing our Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org
or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below.
If we plan to use your personally identifiable information for any commercial purposes, we will notify you at the time we collect that information and allow you to opt-out of having your information used for those purposes.
You can accept or decline the cookies. All sites that are customizable require that you accept cookies. You also must accept cookies to register as someone for access to some of our services. For information on how to set your browser to alert you to cookies, or to reject cookies, go to http://www.cookiecentral.com/faq/
Any questions or clarifications with respect to this Policy can be sent to email@example.com.
We reserve the right to change or update this policy at any time by placing a prominent notice on our site. Such changes shall be effective immediately upon posting to this site.
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here, or by means of a notice on our homepage.
You can offer your views, suggestions, if any, by submitting the filled in feedback form online.